Monday, February 21, 2011

The Curse of Good Cooking

I'm in an interesting predicament. I love food. I love the way it smells, tastes, and satisfies. Especially meat, bread, and candy-- basically anything and everything that's bad for me.

Not only do I love to eat, but I have a wonderful wife who is an excellent cook and loves to please her man with food. She never disappoints. Here is the link to her blog: http://justlickinmyfingers.blogspot.com.

Why is it that eating can't be exercise enough that it would burn the calories you just took in? (I'm speaking rhetorically. I know why.) Wouldn't that be so much easier for me?

I just went a got fitted for a suit, and had my eyes opened a bit. I was a size larger than what I "knew" as my size. Why must life taunt me so?

Here's my plan. I'm going to be working on this (among other things) this summer. I can't wait to be out of school to be able to spend more time not only with my family, but more active time withy family being healthy.

I want to be around to enjoy my kids' childhood. I want to be around for a long time to enjoy my grandchildren. When I have great-grandchildren, I want to be healthy enough to be involved in their lives.

How do you balance health and enjoyment of food? (Not rhetorical. I'm actually looking for your responses.)

No comments: