Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Goodbye to Moana!!!

Well, it was fun while it lasted, but I'm sad to say that I've seen the last of Moana. She was a great little SUV, but all great things must come to an end. I don't know when her end will be, but I probably won't see it.
We initially decided to sell her when I was contemplating going down to Texas to sell pest control this summer, and take my Dad's Pontiac Aztek as a replacement to get me down there. While I decided to stay home, we still felt in favor of selling my dear friend. So, we did.
I went to the temple this afternoon, and as I was driving back on the freeway, a man driving a Buick Rendevous rolled down his window, and asked me how much for my car. I'd only had the "For Sale" signs in my windows for a couple days. I told him how much and he signalled for me to full over to the side of the road. I did. He took a look around the car, and asked if he could test drive it. We fulled off the highway into a grocery store parking lot, and he and I took it for a spin. When we finished, he asked if I could meet him there at 6:30 to sell it. Done deal. I got $1,200 for it, and was content.
So, now, we're waiting to sell my Dad's Aztek, so I can get some money to put a down payment on a car. Hopefully, I'll be looking at a newer Pathfinder a lot like the one I already had. I loved it.
Anyway, I'm sad to see her go, but the big wad of cash in my pocket is making me feel a whole lot better.

No comments: